Monday, December 1, 2008

I need a brown paper bag to blow into!

Today I'm sending in my query to Interweave Knits for an article on Double Knitting which has only taken me 20 years to develop.  I feel like my first-born is about to jump off a CLIFF!  It took me 20 years to develop this new way to double knit because while I was figuring out the best way to communicate it I also knew I needed designer/writer credibility before anyone would even consider hearing what I have to say on the subject...
A couple of weeks ago I decided the time was RIGHT when I discovered that the bible on DK: NOTES ON DOUBLE KNITTING by Beverly Royce was selling USED in PAPERBACK for $60 to $80 a pop!...Guess what?! It has now jumped to $80 to $110 per copy and when I try to purchase it I CAN'T!!!
For those of you who don't know, I find Double Knitting to be an intellectually challenging but physically comfortable way to knit in-the-round.

17 comments:

kim* said...

very cool :) You have reminded me, our craft takes time to develop and not to jump the cliff to early and walk away...patience is good.

ElegantSnobbery said...

Good for you, Kelly! Your knitting is beautiful and I can't wait to cheer you on for all your future success! YOU ROCK!

Jen said...

Fingers crossed for you! Best of luck!
-10oneworld

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

I commend you for taking the courage to share your talent...best of luck to you :)

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

I'm not a knitter, but best of luck. It sounds like the time is right and I love your designs. (I just have to ask others to knit it for me. lol)

MoMo's Bows said...

Kelly~
You know that I think you ROCK! MoMo loves her Fall dress....may need more in the Spring! I wish you only the best always!
Stephanie

Esther and Agnes said...

Wow, maybe you need two brown bags, I love your designs and styles, can't wait to see and buy more.

Leah said...

Good Luck!!! I'm a big fan of your work, both finished pieces and patterns, and I'd love to see you have a book published.

Julie said...

Yaay! Go you!

Best of luck with the book!

New England Quilter said...

Good luck!! Your work is beautiful!!
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com/

Whimsical Creations said...

Crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

Valerie said...

Good Luck Kly ~ You go, girl!

Maud said...

Good luck Kelly! Beautiful work and pictures in your blog!

Kelly Drill said...

So exciting! You do such beautiful work. Best of luck!

5erg said...

This is so cool that you can develop a technique yourself,

you are very talented :)
It great that you are willing to share it with others also

Best of luck to you!

Mayhem said...

Good Luck!

Angie said...

Good luck and congratulations!