Sunday, January 11, 2009

TEEN Fashion Trend

So...my 16 year old daughter came to me a week and a half before Christmas with a picture of some slipper boots (all the rage with teens) from Urban Outfitters...in these colors...that were no longer available for purchase!
Okay - I did think that they were gorgeous, however, they were slipper boots: meaning they were soft sole...and...hello!...we live in Nebraska! (and I KNEW she'd be wearing them to school).
...a lightbulb went off...I've had these perfectly comfortable KEDs tennis shoes (all broken in) but "looking" broken in...so I knit a fair isle upper in Caron Bliss and a turqoise sport yarn which no longer had a label (from my stash)...knitted feverishly...lined the upper in bright pink stretch fleece...stitched and glued it to the shoes and ... VOILA! A slipper boot that is more a boot and less a slipper. Was she happy? Ya think?

7 comments:

Crochet by Momma J said...

Kly those are amazing!!!

Valerie said...

Oh My gosh ~ those are INCREDIBLE!!!
She is one lucky girlie

The Musings of The Momma said...

Can I be your teenage daughter too??

Whimsical Creations said...

Those are fantastic!!!

New England Quilter said...

They are beautiful! Your dd is very lucky to have such a talented, clever mama!
Amy
http://newenglandquilter.blogspot.com

ElegantSnobbery said...

Oh holy cow, I am in love. Those are AWESOME!!!

suesueb said...

she is one lucky 16 year old!!