Sunday, March 8, 2009

Every three months someone in our immediate family has a birthday -- except for those New Year's celebration babies of which we have two (in September).
This year we now have TWO teenagers (and a 3 year old! .... hrumph ... New Years celebrations...) This birthday girl was my birthday present 13 years ago (which means I'll get a year older in 3 months!)
She was the piece of life that helped me look forward to keep on livin' after my mom died. She has kept me on my toes ever since.
Her kindergarten teacher put it well, "Heidi will always be happy" - because she seeks fun - constantly.
What did she want? (thank God her birthday finally CAME...'cause the ideas of "what she wanted" kept coming in - daily!) The first was an apron (shown below) and a chef's hat - the pattern for this will be available soon. (I think she likes the hat - she's had it on all day!)
She also got an original sweater (by me) - a skinny sleeve, cropped cable jacket in cotton and wool - knit with absolutely NO SEAMS.
At the very last minute she wanted some fuzzy socks...so I made those too. I can't believe I got it all done. And baked her a cake, too!
Happy Birthday, darling...ya drive me nuts but I wouldn't have it any other way. MOM

7 comments:

Esther and Agnes said...

What a beautiful blessing, your writing made me teary eyed. Thank you for sharing. e

Whimsical Creations said...

happy birthday sweetie!!

Momma J said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

ElegantSnobbery said...

Happy happy birthday!!!

New England Quilter said...

Happy Birthday - welcome to the teenage years!

ICSI said...

She looks like an amazing kid, and how lucky that so many of the things she wanted are things you can make! It brings back memories for me - my mom was constantly creating custom garments for me growing up :)

Kelly said...

What an adorable picture, your daughter is very sweet! I hope she had a great birthday.