Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I'm a FINALIST in The Knitting Guild Association contest!

Design etiquette does not allow me to show the entire item before final judging...

I'm so happy to be promoting DOUBLE KNIT in this design, seamlessly knit in tubular double knit with DOUBLE KNIT finishing that is quite unique (and was a blast to figure out!).

Knit in Tahki Yarn "New Tweed" - a gorgeous wool/silk/viscose blend with a beautiful garment drape. The colors are heathered and work well in combination with other "New Tweed" colors.

The Knitting Guild Association Design Competition in association with yarnmarket.com final judging takes place May 15, 2009 at the TKGA National Convention Knit & Crochet Show in Portland (May 14-17)

--that means I gotta wait (while wearing my adrenal glands to a frazzle) for a month and a half.  In the meantime, it is so encouraging to know that I've been recognized already!

This year, for me, is all about establishing myself as a designer in knit wearables.

6 comments:

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Good luck in May.

Whimsical Creations said...

Congrats!! Crossing fingers you win!

ElegantSnobbery said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I've got my fingers and toes crossed for ya! :)

Momma J said...

I am so happy for you! I wish you luck!

Lorissa J. Longfellow said...

Congrats. I can't wait to see the whole design. I bet you win, good luck!

Judith said...

Congratulations! I'm very impressed with your work. I'm looking forward to learning double knitting one day.