Monday, March 30, 2009

Patterns, Here I Come!


I've toyed with the idea of self publishing and selling my patterns at my Etsy shop for awhile now.  Last year Caron International kept me very busy with projects and I did not have time to work on self publishing. When you get $100 to $400 for a pattern from a yarn company and they keep you in stitches - there's no need. However, Caron (very kindly) informed their designers that in 2009 they will not have as many projects, due to the economic crisis. I thought it was VERY considerate of them to tell us that and began preparing PDF patterns for self publishing.
I'm pleased to share that in the first week that my ECO Sock pattern went up for sale I sold 20 copies! So, maybe self publishing is a thing to pursue in slow times. Magazine, book, and yarn company publishers of patterns are a wonderful venue because they reach a HUGE market.
I will continue to pursue them but, in the meantime, here is a preview of my next release at www.KlymyshynDesign.Etsy.com that is knit in the round on a pair of straight needles (who said you couldn't make lace in dk?)


2 comments:

Thea said...

Maybe those amazing slipper boots??? I'd buy the pattern!

ElegantSnobbery said...

Oh you are straight up fabulous, Kelly! Good luck selling your patterns! I'm sure they will continue to go like hotcakes!!