Sunday, December 26, 2010

All is calm, all is bright

It was a white Christmas but not overly white like last year. The kids are content and wondering how they faired so well (you better watch out...). I made tons of stuff, even streetworthy knit and crocheted boots for the teen daughters. Heidi loves her faux UGG/Candies though these are crocheted (rather than knit) with cotton and Ecuadorian alpaca (my niece gave me days before Chrismas). They are mounted on the footbed/sole of some Clarks I used to wear. Chrissy's LOOK like slippers but have a more substantial (and, yes, recycled) sole as well. I used my new Trellis knit stitch pattern in Bernat Mosaic. It's always fun guessing which color will come up next. 1 skein was just perfect for making two matching boots.
It was a tumultuous end to the year 2010. Sweet Gilligan managed to get some yarn wrapped around the back of his tongue (on Thanksgiving DAY) and spent a night at the emergency veterinary hospital.
That set me back on my CARON assignments but I got all 3 design projects in within 2 days of the deadline. Which set me back on my Christmas gifts and before I knew it CHRISTMAS was upon us!
The girls made a gorgeous wooden door harp for my sister whom I will likely see along with my brother later in the week.
My book proposal is all but in the mailer.
I contacted Spinrite about working up an Irish Knit design booklet and they sent me a HUGE designer box! I need to put the correct spin (ha) on that as I spoke to some Irish knitters on Ravelry who consider the American perspective on Irish Knits rather old-fashioned. I need to do this publication though. It is a public "thank you" to our Ireland born neighbor who saved my husband's life last year. (Alan is likewise directing a C.U. production: Dancing At Lughnasa which is a slice of life in Ireland)
Katie got a roar from her Uncle Bob when she shouted, "I got a Barbie castle even though I was naughty!"

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Congratulations on your proposal going well - and I'm glad you had a good holiday :)