Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Am I famous yet?

Okay. So it's not about being famous. What IS it about? (So glad you asked, sister Gemini)!
When a child is born (and this is a fundamental belief of mine) it is not by accident but, rather, with very specific purpose. We may never tangibly realise the purpose. Still, there is purpose in each of our lives.
I hope my purpose (or one - after having built our lovely family) is to share my epic discoveries as I flesh out the nuances of tubular double knitting. It is mentioned in at least three of the newest knitting books. Alas, only mentioned. Begging a publisher to allow you to expound on a technique that so few knitters know of...is like...not the proper angle of approach.
Perhaps using a familiar angle will work...?
So - I await news on my 4th revision, same idea, new approach. It's been 5 palpable weeks. Soon, I say, to console myself.

2 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

I'm a crocheter but I know what you mean... I think that fact the t's only mentioned means someone should expand on it, because why mention if its not in or something important. Good luck :)

Alyssa said...

I think there is a market for these kinds of things, more so than for themed pattern compilations, because advanced knitters want to learn and develop these skills. I hope you hear back soon!